Asian Cooking Course by SuperHelper
Superhelper cooking classes are designed around the skills needed for the home cook to learn. The menus are grouped in modules so that while every season promotes different recipes the cooking skills learned are the same. This Asian class will take the students thru the classic Asian recipes best loved by the international community from Thai curries, Indian curries, Japanese cookery and more. What sets each Asian class apart is the flavoring and cooking techniques for the particular culture. All Superhelper classes are taught with creativity and a no-recipe kitchen life in mind. These courses are designed both for the beginner and the advanced cook. Recipes and lecture notes are provided. This is a hands on workshop and students work in pairs. Rolling enrolment is accepted.
Price: $500 per 3-hour session. Eight sessions recommended.
- Knife Skills
- Organised Kitchen Food Preparation
- Menu Planning
- Meat, Seafood, Poultry and Vegetarian Cooking Techniques
- Flavouring Techniques
- Food Presentation and Plating
- Examples of menus:
- JAPANESE COOKING COURSE: Prawn and Vegetable Tempura / Chicken Teriyaki / Perfect Japanese Rice / Tempura Sauce / Green Tea Creme Caramel
- INDIAN COOKING COURSE: Dal Makhani / Lamb Ragonjosh (Lamb Curry) / Vegetable Jalfrezi / Chicken Tikka with yogurt chutney / Garlic Naan Bread / Chocolate Chip Cookies
- THAI COOKING COURSE: Thai Chicken Noodle Soup / Homemade Asian Vegetable Stock / Roast Red Duck Curry / Green Mango Salad with Crispy Fish Cakes / Pandan Rice / Baked Custard with Allspice
Marilyn Santiago is the founder and a continuing trainer. She is a self taught homemaker and chef. She has designed the entire Superhelper training curriculum based on how she would like to see her home managed. Her passion is centered on food development as it related to health and well being but she is also passionate about keeping a well managed and happy home. She believes that respect for work comes from a good understanding of how to do the job well. She is originally from the Philippines, married with two daughters.
Cynthia Real has been with the Superhelper team for 7 years. She is both a trained chef and a registered midwife. She has herself experienced life as a domestic helper when she first settled in Hong Kong. She is married with 2 children and one grandchild. She conducts the sessions in both Tagalog and English.
Certificate of Training is issued after at least 4 sessions.
14A, Derrick Industrial Building, 49 Wong Chuk Hang Road, Wong Chuk Hang, HK
Let us know and we’ll be in touch