Please read these terms and conditions carefully as you are agreeing to our terms, when you use our services and products. This is a legally binding agreement, so make sure you understand it.
HelperChoice is an online platform that helps employers and domestic helpers to connect. Our services and products are designed to facilitate with the entire domestic helper process. By using our services as a guest or by signing up to access the platform and our services, you enter into a legally binding agreement with HelperChoice.
- To use the HelperChoice website and our services as a domestic helper, you must be of minimum working age in the country where you are looking for jobs, and of minimum age for hiring in the country where you reside.
- To use the HelperChoice Website and our services as an employer, you must agree to follow the laws and regulations in your residing country in terms of hiring and employing a domestic helper.
- You can only have one account and are not allowed to register with multiple accounts. If you have lost your log-in details, you will have to contact us first before opening a new account.
- You can only use our services if you have not been restricted by HelperChoice from registering an account and contacting other users.
- You have to provide accurate, correct and real information in all content you create (including your ad, profile and private messages) and keep it updated. You are fully responsible for any of the disclosed information. Do not disclose any information that you do not have the right to disclose. If there are any problems, we will reserve the right to sue.
- You must have ownership and authority of usage over the image you submit. No obscene, offensive, or adult images will be accepted. Also, we do not accept any images with children in it, regardless of whether or not they are your own. Any material which is knowingly false and/or defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, threatening, or otherwise violating any law will be deleted. If you submit an image that is rejected, you will have the opportunity to provide an alternative unless your account is suspended. Until you submit a new picture, your profile or ad will not be shown.
- Your profile picture must include yourself. In case any other persons are in the image, they should have given their permission in writing. If you do not have permission of that person(s), you will be solely liable for any damages.
- You have to use the services in a professional matter and uphold this regardless of who you are contacting. Acting dishonestly will lead to your services being suspended and no refund will be offered.
- You cannot impersonate another person or create a false identity. You can also not create a profile for anyone else than yourself. If you want to help friends, relatives, family or anyone else, you can introduce the services to them, but they will have to create their own profiles.
- You are obliged to keep your own information save. Keep your username confidential, do not share passwords and take precautions to keep them save. HelperChoice is not liable for any loss of personal information.
- You cannot share an account or profile. Any account can only be managed by one person and membership cannot be transferred to friends, family or whoever else. Each employer member, even after subscribing to Premium membership, is entitled to post only one job ad. In case a hire falls through, the employer can repost the same ad by subscribing to the services again.
- You cannot use our services to “recruit clients” for your own business. The service can only be used by employers and helpers. If you create an account and subscribe to Premium Membership, you cannot request a refund if your messages have been flagged as dishonest or spam and your account is suspended as a result.
- Employment agencies are not allowed to create helper nor employer accounts. If an employment agency creates such account, paying or not, we keep the possibility to block this account without notice and without refund.
- You cannot market any goods, services or anything else in your private messages, your ad or profile page. We will take immediate action if we find that this obligation is violated.
- You cannot use our services to send spam or unsolicited communication. You cannot ask any client to make a payment for any services. HelperChoice reserves the right to suspend your services or reduce your user privileges.
- You shall not request, wire or send money to other parties before reception of all mandatory documents. In case of monetary dispute with other users, HelperChoice shall not be held responsible.
- You cannot copy any information from others through any means including the use of various technological tools. If you are found to be selling any data or using it in your database, HelperChoice will reserve the right to sue.
- You cannot impersonate to be HelperChoice staff or related to HelperChoice in any other way unless you are by valid contract. Violation of this obligation, will lead to legal action on behalf of HelperChoice.
- You cannot interfere with the operation of HelperChoice. Whether this is done by placing an unreasonable load on the website, or by sending messages containing viruses, worms, or any other harmful measures.
- You shall not violate the intellectual property or other rights of HelperChoice, including, using the word “HelperChoice” or our logos in any capacity unless given explicit written permission by HelperChoice’s founder.
- Employers and helper members should inform HelperChoice after they have successfully found a match.
- HelperChoice may change, suspend or end any service or change and modify prices at our discretion. The prices of our services are subject to terms solely determined by HelperChoice. A refund or return will not be catered to.
- HelperChoice will not provide a copy of any content or information regardless of whether it is provided by you or others.
- Members, whether paying or unpaying, will be liable for uploading or giving any inaccurate, incomplete, misleading, offensive or illegal content.
- When using third party apps or sites, HelperChoice does not take any responsibility for the legal terms or privacy policies. You will agree to the user agreements of their services explicitly.
- HelperChoice reserves the right to limit your use of services, such as the number of messages you can send and the number of phone numbers requested if deemed necessary. You may request HelperChoice to increase your messaging or requesting rights, but we will handle these case by case and do not guarantee any outcome.
- HelperChoice may suspend, restrict or terminate your account if we find a breach or violation of any of our User Rights. In this case we will not redeem any fee charged for the creation and the management of this account.
- For those employment agencies or websites linked with us, please make your own decision whether visiting or not. You also bear any risk that may occur. We will not be responsible for any damage/ loss occurred. But we will try our best to make sure the linked websites and partner agencies are reliable.
- Agencies and partners are independent from us. It is the agency or partner’s responsibility to make sure their communication with you complies with local regulations. If you decide to subscribe to a package with them, HelperChoice is not responsible for any outcomes. You will have to sign a contract with the agency and communicate with them in case of disagreement.
- Offers and discounts involving third parties such as partners or agencies advertised on the website or mentioned by HelperChoice are not contractual and are subject to potential changes. HelperChoice does not take responsibility to guarantee nor check the accuracy of the offer or discount mentioned. Members shall check the exact terms and conditions of each discount and offer directly with the relevant third party. Any fee paid for third party offerings will not be refunded, irrespective of the discussion between members and third parties, and HelperChoice will not enter into any dispute between the member and the third party. We will try our best to make sure the information disclosed is reliable.
- Employer members who added optional requirements to their ad, may receive messages from other members about those requirements. HelperChoice will not be responsible for this, but if needed will assist with changing messaging settings, as it deems appropriate.
- Helper members may receive messages from other members about details in their profiles or be called by employers. HelperChoice will not be responsible for any content of messages or phone class, but if needed will assist with changing messaging and phone number settings, as it deems appropriate.
- Helper members can send messages to all employer members, but understand that only premium employer members will be able to read and reply to their messages. In case messages contain contact details or other appropriate information, HelperChoice may remove them without notice.
- HelperChoice reserves the right to change the content of our website at any time without advance notice.
- HelperChoice.com is a website where employers and domestic helpers can connect and if needed employ the services of third party employment agencies. In particular, we are not an employment agency. Therefore we won't proceed any official paperwork.
- Employers, domestic helpers and agencies should ensure the strict respect of the relevant regulation with each other directly, as well as the negotiation of the domestic helper salary, the employment agency fee and any other charges incurred, in respect with the relevant local laws and regulations.
- All users of the website are independent from us and we do not take any responsibility for your communication with other users and any liability arising from using our services.
- Not all information in the advertisements or profiles has been verified. Partner agencies are asked to provide a legal license before signing a contract, but HelperChoice is not responsible in case the license is pulled or expired. Users may ask other parties to show identifying documents and legal licenses before making any decision.
- HelperChoice is not responsible for any safety issues occurring while using the services online or meeting users met on the platform offline. We advise all clients to take necessary precautions for personal safety.
- If you decide to use one of the employment agencies (also called partner agencies) listed on our website, we will not be responsible for any cost or damage. Ensure that you request all mandatory documents and that the agency has the appropriate license before entering into an agreement with them. Any communication you have with them, is between you and the third party and we will not be liable for any of its outcomes.
- HelperChoice shall not be held responsible, in case of any damage or cost arising from using our website. Regardless of direct hire or using our partner agency, it is your responsibility to make sure your decisions and actions comply with local laws and regulations.
- HelperChoice does not guarantee that our services will function without errors or interruption. We do not take any liability for problems related to these problems.
- We do not take responsibility and disclaim all representations of users in terms of fitness to work, accuracy of provided date and noninfringement.
- HelperChoice shall not be liable to you or others for any special, consequential and punitive damages, incidental, indirect, loss of data, offensive or defamatory wordings.
- In the unlikely event that we end up in a legal dispute, it will take place in Hong Kong courts, applying Hong Kong law. Regardless of your geographical residential location or where you used our services.
- No accounts can be deleted permanently following Section 56 of the Employment Ordinance law. As such we comply with the Data Protection Principles of the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance.
- Returning members can log in using their old account information. After a standard period of time profiles will be hidden from public view. Users may also do this on their own accord whenever they deem it necessary.
- Failure to abide by any of our user obligations will result in account closure and banning from the website. We reserve the right to change these rules at any time.
Last revised on December 23, 2015